1) I understood that the motivation letter should include an experience/previous knowledge connected to the theme of the academy and is coming from our own experience, right? Or do I have to propose a project related to the themes of the academy?
In the motivation letter, it is important to prove the solidity and depth of the interest of the candidate in the Summer Academy topic by stating relevant personal aspects of interest. It is not necessary to propose projects for the academy, as the project themes shall be generated within the groups during the preparation working process. However, if you are working or plan to work on a certain related theme or project, you may state it. Please form a motivation letter in a way which shows your personal connection to the topic. Such a connection can be hold by an academic interest (in such case please argue from an academic theoretical point of view with a related research theme and questions), or can be connected to challenges related on practical planning experiences. Also, if given, special aspects of the topic, such as governance, demographic change, culture, energy issues for example can be stated (such should lie within the topic or sub-themes stated in the Summer Academy introduction – for those please see the homepage’s main site).
2) Do I need an English proof:
It is not necessary to hand in any application proof during the application. In some case you may eventually be additionally asked by the application jury to hand in a proof of the university language level or TOEFL after the acceptation of your Application.
3) The application form cannot be opened from my PC. How can I fill it in?
In some countries or browsers it is not possible to open active field forms. In such case, there are two possibilities to applicate:
1. Please download the application form word document from under Downloads. Fill it in and send it via email to the contact person.
If download is not possible:
2. Please write an email to the contact person. We will send you the word version of the application form as an email attachment.
Attention: Do not forget to add all other attachments required in the application form to your email.
4) I have to submit a ‘project reference map’. Is that a portfolio or a focus on certain projects related to the themes of the school?
Please add a reference of min. 1 and max. 2 well selected practical or scientific project(s) you were participating in, which show the relation to the theme of the summer academy. It can be a portfolio or references to certain projects. The reference has to make clear the topic, the methodology and ther result, the team and your role in the project. It can be illustrated by pictures and/or explained in written form. Original project documents are welcome if they clearly state information mentioned above.
For further questions, please contact us!